Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Iris' First Camping Trip



Iris went camping for the first time this Memorial Day weekend.

She went for a hike,





where we picked up a LOT of garbage...



She had her very own camp chair!




Batman was there, and he helped her a lot!


Eli had Jeremy cut a branch off a tree, and he
"planted" it in the middle of our camp.



Eli spent lots of quality time with the 4-wheeler...



So did their cousin, Scotty...



The place we were camping didn't have any seating,
so of course the Heer men had to make some



I don't know what they'd do with themselves if they went
on a trip and didn't get to use their chainsaws!


We went for a hike and ended up in the creek



I love the Batman-like flapping of his cape in this pic!



Anyhow, Iris did great, she loved being outside, she slept great in
the tent in Mom's sleeping bag, and she was sweet and happy
pretty much the whole time! I think we'll be camping a lot this summer!

4 comments:

  1. Look how stinkin skinny Amber's legs are...the green-eyed monster has got me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, babe!

    But I don't know where you and Iris got the idea that it's fun to sleep in a tent and not bathe/shower for nearly a week. That didn't come from MY side of the family, fer shure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Amber! :) My mom said that you had a blog and I could find it if I looked at your facebook profile! So here I am! :) YAY! :) Your kiddos are adorable, I love the onesies that you made for Iris! You're going to have to show me how you did that! And your camping trip looks like fun! I miss the mountains, there aren't any in Oklahoma! We miss IDAHO! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete