Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 12, 2010

An Open Letter to Batman


Dear Batman,


Thanks for taking care of the Joker. Dude was messed up. 
Also, thanks for cleaning up your room and remembering to brush your teeth. 


I miss the days when your punches said "Pow!" 
Someday I will miss the days when you hugged me in 
front of all your friends.



Are you getting any royalties from Batman (TM) licensing? 
I owe you fifty cents for weeding in the garden. 


Please don't speed in the Bat-mobile. 
And don't be in a hurry to grow up. 



Don't forget to take your Bat-belt (TM) with you where 'ere you go. 
And please remember who you are and that your parents love you.

Love, Mom

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy he likes his cape! He's so adorable!!! Tell him Tutu loves him too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully written and heartwarming post. It made me feel really sentimental for the days when my little brother used to run around our yard in his diaper and batman cape and sing, "Bat-tam, Bat-tam, Bat-tam!" Your family is darling, and I'm so glad I followed your link from Tickled Pink at 504 Main. Cheers! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable... I love your take on this sweet letter. "Don;t be in a hurry to grow up" - that hits me...my kids are still little but man it is flying by! Thanks fro linking to Tickled Pink and following..I am following ya right back and look forward to more sweet moments!

    ReplyDelete